Family owned for five generations, Lincoln Creek Lumber has proudly served the communities of Lewis & Thurston County, Washington for over 100 years. Lincoln Creek Mill began operations in 1903, establishing the lumber yard as an important part of Centralia's history
Three years later, in 1906, William H. Thompson purchased and modernized the mill, starting a family legacy that continues today. Two more generations of Thompsons continued operating the mill until the Great Depression, when the economy of the time forced the mill to close. Down but not out, the Thompson family kept the business alive reselling lumber and moldings from other mills. In 1947, with the end of WWII and the post war building boom underway, Lincoln Creek Lumber moved to the location it occupies today on Old Highway 99, the main road between Portland and Seattle.